The Georgia Budget and Policy Institute (GBPI) seeks to hire a Director of Communications.
The Georgia Budget and Policy Institute is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that strives to raise the level of public policy debate in the state of Georgia. GBPI uses research, analysis and education to advance policies and practices that improve the quality of life for all Georgians. Through GBPI's fact-based research we educate policy makers, the media, and all Georgians about the importance of a fair and adequate tax system, affordable health coverage, and policies that expand opportunity and economic success for Georgians.
The Director of Communications will manage GBPI's communications activities with the goal of increasing public understanding of budget, tax, and economic issues important to low and moderate income Georgians. In addition, the Director of Communications will promote GBPI, our work and reputation, to key audiences.
Additional information about GBPI is available at www.gbpi.org .
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Works with staff and Board to develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan.
· Develops, coordinates, and manages a consistent organizational image across all communications forms and media.
· Develops and maintains relationships with statewide media. Fulfills media requests for information, develops and maintains contact list, schedules print and other interviews, tracks GBPI media coverage, etc.
· Edits publications and all other external communications to ensure they meet the highest standards of excellence with respect to grammar, tone, consistency, accuracy, branding and appearance.
· Writes and edits press releases, op-eds, and other appropriate promotional materials for the organization.
· Provides media training and advice to policy staff and facilitates message development through regular meetings with staff.
· Serves as primary contact with GBPI's computer consultant regarding changes and updates to website. Oversees website design and content management.
· Drafts e-newsletters for distribution to subscribers.
· Manages and maintains Constant Contact database for e-mail distributions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years in public relations/affairs, marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
· Excellent writing, editing, speaking and analytical skills.
· Ability to explain complex issues to multiple audiences, including policymakers, community based organizations, media and the public.
· A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and work independently.
· Self motivated, organized, adaptable, and able to work in a dynamic, team environment.
· Experience using web and e-mail for promoting issues. Familiarity with desktop and internet publishing and database management software.
· Must have demonstrated commitment to the mission and goals of the Georgia Budget and Policy Institute.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and available funds. GBPI offers health, dental, vision, long-term disability and SEP IRA retirement contributions. Generous vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Please send resume, writing sample (i.e. clips of published op-eds, press releases, or other published works), cover letter, names and contact information of three references, and salary requirements to:
Georgia Budget and Policy Institute
Communications Director Search
100 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
Georgia Front Page